We’ve just raised raised €1,100,000 in a Series A round led by Pascal Cagni (Former General Manager and Vice President Apple EMEIA 2000-2012) bringing Cleeng's total venture funding to €1.5 million to date.
This funding round will support the heavily demanded international growth and further product development for our disruptive video e-commerce platform.
To keep you up to date on our current progress:
- We’re ranked #2 fastest growing in the European Tech5 by The Next Web 2014.
- We have recorded more than 500,000 user accounts in 170 countries.
- Within just one year from launching our Live solution we helped our clients to organize 1000 events!
- We showed 2.5x year-on-year Q1 revenue.
- Our flexible and advanced platform handled hundreds of thousands of transactions per hour for the biggest publishers: One Championship, WFTDA, FIFA, WBA.
- We opened Cleeng LLC and set up an office in the NYC to further facilitate transactions for our US based clients.
- We added 7 new global currencies to grow our clients conversions and audiences worldwide.
Furthermore, all major Online Video Platforms (OVPs) - Brightcove, Livestream, Ustream, Kaltura, Globecast, JWPlayer and Ooyala - have selected us to provide the most powerful, efficient, and fast to deploy video e-commerce solution available.
Building on this momentum, we will leverage the funding to accelerate our international growth, principally in the US, while scaling the platform's technology to meet increasing demand.
As our lead investor, Pascal Cagni remarked:
The explosive growth of audiences watching videos online is opening a real opportunity to monetise quality content. Cleeng has developed a proven and robust technology, successfully monetising thousands of live events and videos, like the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight 10 days ago and a great leadership team. We are pleased to support their international growth and continued expansion.
Looking forward, Cleeng's priorities include ramping up its presence in the US, where the service is already experiencing heavy and growing demand, while building the platform's infrastructure to handle an unprecedented number of live pay-per-view sales per hour.
With a growing user base, satisfied clients, and a thriving partner network, Cleeng is well positioned to continue to lead video e-commerce and disrupt existing solutions.
Thank you for growing with us!