For those who play their cards right, the world of online PPV content offers a world of opportunity. Let's check the main factors that influence how many visitors you can convert to video purchasers.
To gain that all-important competitive edge and ensure success, video companies always look for ways how they can bring revenues in the most efficient ways. When designing their offering, live broadcasters online usually need to start answering a few initial questions. Are we planning to sell globally or implement a geo-restriction for specific markets only? Which devices are our customers using? How popular are incentive programs and coupons between our viewers?
By considering these elements, you’ll be able to refine your PPV service to suit the needs of your customers and increase conversion rates. Having said that, there are things that affect online PPV conversion rates, and here they are…
- Embeddable events: The first step of the acquisition process, making the live PPV events available on a variety of channels and mediums by embedding it on different publishers’ websites guarantees reach to a wide and engaged fan base.
- Social login: A preferred way to access online accounts, social login provides people with faster authentication, a smoother user experience and improves customer acquisition.
- Local currencies support: If your platform supports a host of different currencies, you'll appeal to a wider audience.
- Local languages support: Much like currencies, if you offer a range of languages, you'll encourage more people to sign up to your service.
- Payment options: In today's world, PayPal and credit cards prove the most popular online payment methods. Offer a range of options, and you'll increase your chance of conversions. Tiny features like remembering card choice, historical data tracking can make the purchase process faster and smoother.
- Coupons and incentive programs: Special offers including gift cards and coupons also enhance user flow and engagement. Discounts make the purchase decision easier and serve to boost brand awareness.
- Checkout flow: Cut down the sales or sign-up journey by making your user interface clean, speedy and simple and you'll reap the rewards of a reduced bounce rates coupled with a higher number of conversions.
- Security: These days, people endorse and enjoy businesses they trust. Add extra layers to your platform's security, and you'll encourage loyalty and you’ll reap the rewards of plenty of sign ups as well as repeat custom.
- Mobile support or responsiveness: We live in a mobile world, and if your platform isn't mobile optimized, your customer base will dwindle drastically. Don't overlook or underestimate the power of mobile.
- Streaming media device support: Especially in the States, people love SM devices like Google Chromecast and Roku. Making sure your service is fully supported for these devices will result in an easier purchase decision.
As you can see, there are many elements that can affect the success of your online PPV platform. Here at Cleeng, we are really proud that our platform has most of these critical features.
Want to turn a one-time customer into a lifelong subscriber?