Social login has become the preferred way to access online accounts. The reason for that is simple. It helps users feel safe about the information they share, especially when it comes to buying content online. In this post, we'll discuss the advantages of social login, backed with some interesting statistics and practical examples.
In the world of video eCommerce, the option to log in to your favorite online service via your Google, Facebook or Twitter account has tons of advantages for the user. People often overlook and do not pay a lot of attention on simple features like the social login. But this kind of features usually has a big impact on the online/mobile purchasing and the overall consumer satisfaction.
As a video service provider, making your consumer happy is always number one priority and the only way towards success. 74% of businesses believe improving the user experience will lead to improved sales and conversions. Below is a list of the major benefits of using the social login in your authentication process:
- Faster authentication: Enables 1-click registration or login, and auto-logging on the future tries;
- Smoother user experience: Leads to optimized mobile experience, and most importantly, no need for passwords saving;
- Improved customer acquisition: Reduces registration barriers and decreases the number of invalid email addresses.
Our analysis shows that some of our major clients recorded more social logins that traditional, email logins. ClayPerView, our speed car broadcaster from Australia is seeing more the half of their consumers logging with Facebook, with email is only a third using email to authenticate. Final Fantasy fans prefer Google for logging in.
Let's check some industry numbers on the topic.
Janrain is a company that tracks regularly the developments and adoption of social login and here are some staggering statistics from the 2016 report:
- 95% of consumers are aware of social login and the majority of web users (58%) realize the value and convenience of using social login.
- Most people use social logins either because they don’t want to spend time registering for a new site (43%) or don’t want another password to manage (43%).
- 75% are frustrated with passwords and 50% will not register because of passwords.
All in all, social login helps users feel safe about the information they share.
Learn how you can provide the best experience for your live PPV consumers: